Additional information courtesy of Gary Hicks Plymouth Merchant Ships
Official Number: 17227
Net Tonnage: 33n (35 tons burthen)
Breadth: 14’ 91/2”
Rig: Smack (sloop rigged)
8.4.1830: Launched at Plymouth, builder not recorded, for John Gambell Jnr (64/64), Plymouth as ELIZABETH & EMMA.
24.4.1830: Registered at Plymouth.
13.5.1840: Remeasured 41.7 x 12.7 x 6.85 feet 26 tons burthen.
13.5.1840: Register closed and reregistered following re-measurement.
29.1.1850: Sold to George Hall (64/64), Manchester.
23.7.1850: Plymouth registry closed.
23.7.1850: Registered at Fleetwood (FD6).
20.11.1854: Re-registered at Fleetwood (FD6) O.N.17227.
17.5.1864: Re-measured 33.65 tons.
17.5 1864: Re-registered at Fleetwood following re-measurement.
1.1.1870: Owned by F. W. Rigby, Preston.
1.1.1875: Owned by William Wignall, Fleetwood.
16.6.1886: Fleetwood registry closed “Condemned at Fleetwood”.
14/01/2014: Page added.
11/11/2014: Information updated.
23/03/2015: Added information.
Official Number: 56959
Net Tonnage: 26
Built: ??, St. Ives
1873: Completed by ??, St. Ives as SPRAY.
1874: Owned by Isaac M. Sibbald, Morecambe.
1874: Registered at Lancaster.
4.11.1875: At Whitehaven in company with AMETHYST (FD107), CONFIDENCE (FD121) and PETREL (FD59). Attempted to leave harbour. Informed by Mr Dawson, collector of dues, that they could not leave until harbour dues paid. As they refused to pay, the harbour tug was moored across the entrance to prevent them leaving. CONFIDENCE and PETREL skippers decided to pay, but AMETHYST and SPRAY continued their attempt to leave, one of the crew of SPRAY cut the tug’s head ropes and AMETHYST fell foul of the tug, smashing her boat. AMETHYST and SPRAY boarded by harbour master and mainsails confiscated.
6.11.1875: Skippers attended at the office of the solicitors to the Harbour Trustees and consented to pay all dues, damages and costs. Sails returned and allowed to sail.
1.1.1880: Owned by William Hudson, Fleetwood. Registered at Fleetwood (FD147).
1.1.1888: Owned by Mrs Margaret Hudson, 48 Warren Street, Fleetwood.
1.1.1889: Owned by James Armour, Adelaide Street, Fleetwood (managing owner).
6.11.1890: In Morecambe Bay in SSE force 8 gale, driven on to Pilling Sands; crew saved and landed at Fleetwood.
07/03/2011: Page published. 2 updates since then.
05/07/2016: Information updated.
10/10/2021: Information updated.
Official Number: 1638
Net Tonnage: 25
Built: ??, Kirkudbright
1841: Completed by ??, Kirkudbright as PRINCE OF WALES.
1852: Registered at Liverpool.
1.1.1875: Owned by Thomas Wright, Albert Street, Fleetwood. Registered at Fleetwood.
06/03/2011: Page published.
Official Number: 27942
Net Tonnage: 30
Built: ??, Flint
1859: Completed by ??, Flint for ??, ?? as PRIDE of the LAKE.
1859: Registered at Liverpool.
1.1.1870: Owned by William Sumner, Fleetwood. Registered at Fleetwood (FD33).
1891: Owned by Thomas Cooper, Hoylake. Registered at Liverpool.
1899: Liverpool registry closed.
05/03/2011: Page published.
15/01/2015: Tidied up page.
Official Number: 27313
Net Tonnage: 23
Built: ??, Freckleton
Sloop – trawling
1859: Completed by ??, Freckleton for Thomas Leadbetter, Fleetwood as ELIZABETH. Registered at Fleetwood (FD2).
1.1.1875: Owned by Thomas Leadbetter Jnr, Fleetwood.
1.3.1869: Re-registered (FD2).
1881: Census at Fleetwood – Henry Leadbetter (37), b-Fleetwood, master; John Sumner (24), b-Fleetwood, mate; Edward Anson (34), b-Fleetwood, fisherman; William Edward Fisher (18), b-Fleetwood, fisherman; Robert Rimmer (16), b-Fleetwood, boy.
1894: Fleetwood registry closed.