Official Number: 149220
Yard Number: 576
Gross Tonnage: 115
Net Tonnage: 48
Length: 92.0 ft
Breadth: 20.1 ft
Depth: 8.0 ft
Built: John Chambers Ltd, Lowestoft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Wm. Burrell, Gt. Yarmouth
Boiler: Riley Bros (Boilermakers) Ltd, Stockton on Tees
1929: Launched by John Chambers Ltd, Lowestoft (Yd.No.576) for Lowestoft Steam Herring Drifters Co Ltd, Lowestoft as LORD St. VINCENT.
7.1929: Completed (Harold Jackson, manager).
25.7.1929: Registered at Lowestoft (LT79) and insured for £4,500.
18.11.1929: At Lowestoft in collision with steam drifter NORFORD SUFFLING (LT685),
1930s: Seasonal trawling out of Padstow and Fleetwood (Lowestoft Fish Selling Co Ltd, Lowestoft, managing agents).
24.3.1932: At Newlyn with damaged propeller.
2.10.1933: Disabled off Lowestoft with piston rod failure. LNER tug LOWESTOFT (172grt/1898) connected and delivered Lowestoft.
9.8.1938: Off Milford Haven connected to disabled steam drifter LORD SUFFOLK (LT44) and delivered Milford.
4.9.1939: Requisitioned for war service on contraband control (Hire rate £61.13.4d/month).
26.5.1940: At 6.57pm. ‘Operation Dynamo’ (Dunkirk evacuation) put into effect.
28.5.1940: With Senior Officer (Cdr J. S. M. Glendinning RNR retd) in steam tug JAVA (128grt/1905-500ihp) (Capt W. Jones) left Ramsgate for Dunkirk at 3.00pm in company with steam drifters LORD RODNEY (LT390), LORD COLLINGWOOD (LT79) and LORD KEITH (LT181).
29.5.1940: At 4.30am. ferrying troops to ships. 10.00am. alongside Dunkirk Pier embarking troops. 5.00pm. left Dunkirk beaches for Ramsgate.
30.5.1940: At Ramsgate at 7.40am. landed 150 troops.
7.7.1941: Mined off North East Gunfleet Buoy in Thames Estuary (Sk. J. S. Alexander RNR). One casualty – James W. Utting, stoker, killed.
9.7.1941: Robert E. Cullingford, Engineman died of his wounds.
23.7.1941: Lowestoft registry closed “Vessel lost 7.7.41”.
Click to enlarge image
31/12/2010: Page published. 8 updates since then.
06/11/2018: Removed FMHT watermark from image.