Official Number: 135346
Yard No: 298
Gross Tonnage: 94
Net Tonnage: 33
Length: 86.3 ft
Breadth: 19.8 ft
Depth: 9.7 ft
Built: Fellows & Co Ltd, Gt. Yarmouth
Engine: T.3-cyl by Crabtree & Co Ltd, Gt Yarmouth
Boiler: Thomas Sudron & Co Ltd, Stockton on Tees
Wooden built Drifter/Trawler
1918: Launched by Fellows & Co Ltd, Gt. Yarmouth (Yd.No.298) (wooden “Admiralty drifter”) for The Admiralty as ETESIAN (Ad.No.3885).
31.10.1918: Completed as a minesweeper (1-6pdr).
19.11.1920: Transferred to Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries, London for disposal.
1920: Sold to Charles I. Chinery, Bangor, North Wales.
5.11.1920: Registered at Beaumaris (BS26). John Robinson, Grimsby designated manager.
1921: Line fishing from Fleetwood. Alex Keay managing agent.
1923: Sold to W. Flett, W. Slater & James Flett, Lossiemouth. Beaumaris registry closed. Registered at Inverness (INS575). James Flett designated managing owner.
12.1928: Sold to John & James Stephen, Carnbulg and Robert O. Stephen, Fraserburgh.
1929: Inverness registry closed. Registered at Fraserburgh as M. H. Stephen (FR17).
1939: Requisitioned for war as a minesweeping drifter (Hire rate £26.0.0d/month).
5.1941: Employed as an examination vessel.
12.1943: Employed on port duties.
194?: Sold to James Stephen, Carnbulg.
4.1944: Employed on miscellaneous Naval duties.
1945: Returned to owner.
1945: Sold to J. M. Lovie, Fraserburgh.
1948: Sold to Alexander MacIver, Bayble, Christina Bruce & others, Stornoway.
4q 1948: Registered at Stornoway (SY789).
4.1949: Sold to J. & S. Cameron, Peterhead for breaking up.
1950: Breaking up completed. Stornoway registry closed.
13/05/212: Page published. 4 updates since then.
19/07/2020: Updated information.
Official Number: 127399
Yard Number: 168
Gross Tonnage: 91
Net Tonnage: 39
Length: 87.5 ft
Breadth: 19.2 ft
Depth: 9.7 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Cooper & Grieg Ltd, Dundee
Built: J. & G. Forbes, Sandhaven
1918: Purchased by The Admiralty on the stocks.
1918: Launched by J. & G. Forbes, Sandhaven (Yd.No.168) (“non-standard Admiralty drifter”) for The Admiralty as FLAT CALM.
3.6.1918: Completed as a minesweeper (1-6pdr) (Ad.No.3890).
1930: De-commissioned and offered for sale.
3.1930: Sold to Alexander West, Gardenstown & others (Alexander West managing owner).
14.4.1930: Registered at Banff as ROWAN TREE (BF199).
11.2.1938: White fish trawling from Fleetwood (Alex Keay managing agent). Landed 24 boxes grossed £37.
24.4.1938: Last landing at Fleetwood, 145 boxes grossed £117.
1939: Sold to Mrs E. West, Gardenstown & others.
25.1.1940: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeping drifter (Hire rate £26.0.0d/month).
21.11.1941: Sailed Lowestoft at 8.15 am and returning to port at about 3.00 pm struck shoulder of recently formed sand bank at the entrance. Lowestoft lifeboat MICHAEL STEPHEN (Cox Albert Spurgeon) launched at 3.30 approached and connected but line parted. Capsized when local tug had line connected, crew scrambling on to upturned hull. Cox Spurgeon took the MICHAEL STEPHEN alongside twice and took off all fifteen crew. Landed safely at Lowestoft.
12.1941: Banff registry closed declared a total loss.
Click to enlarge image
S.D/T. Rowan Tree BF199
Picture from the Internet
04/05/2012: Page published. 6 updates since then.
08/12/2018: Removed FMHT watermark from image.
Additional information courtesy of Andy Hall and Barry Banham
Official Number: 123212
Yard Number: 312
Gross Tonnage: 186
Net Tonnage: 73
Length: 108.9 ft
Breadth: 21.5 ft
Depth: 11.3 ft
Built: Mackie & Thomson, Govan
Engine: T.3-cyl by W.V.V. Lidgerwood, Coatbridge
Boiler: A. & W. Dalglish, Pollockshaws, Glasgow
12.9.1905: Launched by Mackie & Thomson, Govan (Yd.No.312) for Hellyer’s Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Hull as AUDREY.
1.1906: Completed (Charles Hellyer, manager).
26.1.1906: Registered at Hull (H854).
29.5.1917: Requisitioned for Fishery Reserve.
16.4.1916: At Hull, Skipper Albert Menzies Johnston charged under the Defence of the Realm Act with being in a prohibited area and fined £50.
7.7.1916: Off North Coast of Scotland rescued all crew of the Swedish steamer LISA (1606grt/) damaged by mine and run ashore, landing them in Thurso Bay. Crew paid £100 for efforts in picking up survivors.
6.2.1919: Sold to Charles Henry George, Caister on Sea (managing owner).
9.12.1919: Hull registry closed.
11.12.1919: Registered at Gt. Yarmouth (YH215).
26.1.1920: Sold to John Halifax, Southtown, Gt. Yarmouth (managing owner).
1920’s: Seasonal fishing from Fleetwood (Sk. John Halifax).
11.1923: In River Yare in collision with steam drifter FAITHFUL (BK246) striking her amidships causing her to founder.
19.4.1926: Sold to Robert Boyle (32/64) and John Thomas Coulson (32/64), North Shields (Robert Boyle managing owner).
12.5.1925: Yarmouth registry closed.
15.1.1926: Registered at North Shields (SN38).
25.9.1933: North Shields registry closed “Total loss”.
Click to enlarge image
S.T. Audrey H854
Picture from the Internet
20/02/2012: Page published. 5 updates since then.
05/01/2019: Removed FMHT watermark from image.
20/07/2019: Updated information.
Additional material courtesy of Roy Breach and Barry Banham
Official Number: 127357
Yard Number: 377
Gross Tonnage: 98
Net Tonnage: 41
Length: 86.0 ft
Breadth: 18.45 ft
Depth: 9.0 feet
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by James Abernethy & Co, Aberdeen
Built: John Duthie Torry Shipbuilding Co, Aberdeen
1912: Launched by John Duthie Torry Shipbuilding Co, Aberdeen (Yd.No.377) for for George Addison, Cullen & others as THREE KINGS.
1912: Completed (George Addison managing owner). Registered at Banff (BF495).
5.1915: Requisitioned for war service as an A/S net drifter (1-6pdr) (Ad.No.2419). Based at Larne.
1916: Sold to Alexander Mair, Buckie & others (Alexander Mair managing owner).
1919: Returned to owner at Buckie (Jas. Archibold, Buckie).
29.5.1920: Sold to John Victor Breach (64/64), Lowestoft. John Victor Breach appointed managing owner.
29.5.1920: Sold to Jack Breach Ltd (64/64), Lowestoft. John Victor Breach appointed manager.
29.5.1920: Registered at Lowestoft (LT517).
1.6.1920: Banff registry closed.
9.6.1923: Stranded at Lerwick. Steam drifters EILEEN EMMA (LT342) and JUST REWARD (LT726) connected, refloated and returned to Lerwick.
26.7.1925: With steam drifters TWO BOYS (LT1157) and UNITED FRIENDS (LT55) succeeded in refloating the Norwegian steamer GEZINA (1828grt/1917), which had stranded on Dennis Head, North Ronaldsay in dense fog.
12.6.1926: At Lerwick sustained damage in collision with steam drifter CLOVERDALE (BF170).
18.7.1928: At Stronsay, Orkney with broken propeller.
1930s: Seasonal white fish trawling from Fleetwood (Alex Keay managing agent).
13.8.1930: At Fraserburgh with broken propeller.
31.8.1934: At Workington (Sk. H. Stone) with broken propeller.
5.5.1936: With Sk. A. Catchpole, sustained damage in collision with steam drifter CLARA SUTTON (HL88).
15.11.1939: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeping drifter (1-MG) (P.No.FY918) (Hire rate £27.0.0d/month).
1.1.1942: At Harwich LL sweep drifter (Hire rate increased to £27.013.6d/month).
1.1944: John Victor Breach died.
9.4.1944: Ronald H. Self appointed manager.
9.1944: Employed on miscellaneous Naval duties.
1945: Returned to owner. Laid up.
19.4.1945: Charles William Dance appointed manager.
26.7.1946: Jack Breach Ltd reconstituted as The Shoals Fishing Co Ltd, Lowestoft (Charles W. Dance, manager).
29.11.1946: Lowestoft fishing registry closed “No longer used for fishing”.
7.1947: Sold to Belgian principals for breaking up (Sanctioned by MOT letter No. GSP 6477 dated 9.7.1948).
14.6.1950: Lowestoft registry closed “Vessel broken up”.
20/09/2011: Page published. 6 updates since then.
Official Number: 128543
Yard Number: 201
Gross Tonnage: 100
Net Tonnage: 37
Length: 87.2 ft
Breadth: 18.5 ft
Depth: 9.1 ft
Engine: C.2-cyl and boiler by Caledon Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Dundee
Built: Caledon Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Dundee
1909: Launched by Caledon Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Dundee (Yd.No.201for George H. Hansell, Gt. Yarmouth as KING HERRING.
10.1909: Completed. George H. Hansell appointed managing owner.
18.11.1909: Registered at Yarmouth (YH7).
10.1915: Requisitioned for war service as an A/S net drifter (1-3pdr HA) (Ad.No.1922). Based Aegean Sea.
1919: Returned to owner at Gt. Yarmouth (George H. Hansell & John Thomas Cullen Salmon, Gt. Yarmouth).
1919: Sold to Great Yarmouth Steam Trawlers Ltd, Gt. Yarmouth (George H. Hansell, manager).
1927: Sold to George H. Hansell, Gt. Yarmouth (managing owner).
1928: Sold to Sydney E. Catchpole, Pakefield (managing owner).
12.9.1928: Yarmouth registry closed.
13.9.1928: Registered at Lowestoft (LT401).
1930/31: Seasonal whitefish trawling from Fleetwood.
1938: Sold to to Dutch principals for breaking up.
3.11.1938: Lowestoft registry closed.
09/09/2011: Page published. 8 updates since then.