Tag Archives: New Docks STC

S.T. Osta FD106

Technical

Official Number: 139201
Yard Number: 412
Completed: 1915
Gross Tonnage: 230
Net Tonnage: 90
Length: 123.8 ft
Breadth: 22.1 ft
Depth: 11.8 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Lidgerwood Ltd, Coatbridge
Built: J. Duthie Torry Shipbuilding Co, Aberdeen

History

1915: Launched by J. Duthie Torry Shipbuilding Co, Aberdeen (Yd. No.412) for The New Docks Steam Trawling Co (Fleetwood) Ltd, Fleetwood as OSTA.
5.1915: Completed (Joseph A. Taylor & Ernest Tomlinson, managers).
31.5.1915: Registered at Fleetwood (FD106).
5.1915: Requisitioned for war service and fitted out for minelaying (1-6pdr HA)(Ad.No.1591).
1917: Fitted out as a minesweeper. Based Milford Haven.
12.3.1919: Waiting instructions whether required for Post-War Service (SS).
1920: Returned to owner at Fleetwood.
1924: William W. Brierley appointed manager.
29.11.1939: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (P.No.FY.737) (Hire rate £63.5.0d/month).
1940: Sold to The Clifton Steam Trawlers Ltd, Fleetwood.
8.1943: Employed as a barrage balloon towing vessel.
11.1944: Returned to owner.
Post 1954: Sold to Fern Leaf Co Ltd, Fleetwood (William Newton, manager).
1957: Hewett Vessels Management Ltd appointed managers.
28.8.1959: Transferred to Sun Trawlers, Fleetwood (Hewett Vessels Management Ltd, managers).
25.10.1959: Sold for breaking up.
1961: Breaking up completed.

Click to enlarge images

S.T. Osta FD106

S.T. Osta FD106
Picture courtesy the late Alan Hirst

S.T. Osta FD106

S.T. Osta FD106

S.T. The Roman FD151

Technical

Official Number: 128749
Yard Number: 414
Completed: 1909
Launched: 1909
Gross Tonnage: 224
Net Tonnage: 77
Length: 120.3 ft
Breadth: 21.6 ft
Depth: 11.6 ft
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, North Shields
Engine: 57hp T.3-cyl and boiler by MacColl & Pollock Ltd, Sunderland

History

15.9.1909: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, North Shields (Yd.No.414) for Neale Bros, Penarth (Wilfred Neale, Cardiff; Howard K. Neale, Joshia S Neale, Morley H. Neale, Douglas E. Neale, Penarth) as THE ROMAN.
10.1909: Completed (James Thomas, Milford Haven, manager).
16.12.1908: Registered at Milford (M35).
1910: Sold to Neale & West Ltd, Cardiff (Wilfred Neale, Morley H. Neale & Joshua S. Neale, managers).
15.12.1910: Milford registry closed.
12.1910: Registered at Cardiff (CF29).
11.1914: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-6pdr) (Ad.No.195). Based Granton.
Post 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Cardiff.
1919: Sold to The New Docks Steam Trawling Co (Fleetwood) Ltd, Fleetwood (Joseph A. Taylor, manager).
4.1919: Cardiff registry closed.
28.4.1919: Registered at Fleetwood (FD151).
13.7.1919: Sold to The Saxon Steam Trawlers Ltd, Fleetwood (Joseph A. Taylor, manager).
1924: William W. Brierley appointed manager.
14.1.1932: Arrested by the fishery cruiser MINNA in the Minch.
15.1.1932: Sk. Jeffrey Wright pleaded guilty at Stornoway Sheriff Court to illegal trawling inside the three mile limit and was fined £100 with the alternative of 60 days imprisonment. The nets and gear were forfeited and he was fined a further £25 for failing to exhibit the regulation lights when engaged in fishing.
17.2.1939: Sold to The Clifton Steam Trawlers Ltd, Fleetwood (William W. Brierley, manager).
12.1939: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (magnetic) (P.No.FY.1530)(Hire rate £56.0.0d/month).
10.1943: Fitted out as a fuelling trawler (Esso)(33ton tank for refuelling diesel landing craft) (P.No.Y7.5).
6.1944: Operation Neptune-Normandy Landings. Assigned as a fuelling trawler to Force U.
8.1946: Returned to owner.
1950: Sold for breaking up.
9.11.1950: Fleetwood registry closed.

Click to enlarge

S.T. The Roman FD151

S.T. The Roman FD151
Picture courtesy of The John Clarkson Collection

The Roman FD151

The Roman FD151
Picture courtesy of Mark Stopper

The Roman FD151

The Roman FD151
Picture courtesy of Mark Stopper

Changelog
16/01/2009: Page published. 5 updates since then.
01/09/2017: Removed FMHT watermark from image.

S.T. Agnes Wickfield FD32

Technical

Official Number: 128748
Yard Number: 400
Completed: 1909
Gross Tonnage: 219
Net Tonnage: 85
Length: 117.4 ft
Breadth: 21.6 ft
Depth: 11.8 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Shields Engineering Co Ltd, North Shields
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, North Shields

History

7.1.1909: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, North Shields (Yd.No.400 ) for Thomas G. Hancock, Hakin & John D. Harries, Milford Haven (Thomas G. Hancock managing owner) as SOLVA.
2.1909: Completed.
23.2.1909: Registered at Milford (M22).
24.12.1912: Off St. Ann’s Head (Sk. Robert M. Limbrick) in gale force winds shipped heavy sea and carried away boat.
4.10.1913: At Castletown, Berehaven, Co Cork landed Ch. Eng Albert Mathias who had sustained a fractured skull and broken jaw when caught by the main engine.
3.1914: Sold to Hudson Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood (New Docks Steam Trawling Co (Fleetwood) Ltd, managers).
23.5.1914: Milford registry closed.
25.5.1914: Registered at Fleetwood (FD32).
25.6.1914: Renamed AGNES WICKFIELD (FD32).
8.1914: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-3pdr and W/T) (Ad.No.125). Based Devonport.
13.4.1918: Sold to New Docks Steam Trawling Co (Fleetwood) Ltd, Fleetwood (Taylor & Tomlinson Ltd, managers).
1919: Returned to owner. Delete managers.
1923: Sold to The Clifton Steam Trawlers Ltd, Fleetwood (Taylor & Tomlinson Ltd, managers).
192?: Delete managers.
1925: Sold to New Docks Steam Trawling Co (Fleetwood) Ltd, Fleetwood.
1938: Sold to The Clifton Steam Trawlers Ltd, Fleetwood.
11.1939: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (P.No.FY.727)(Hire rate £54.15.0d/month). 12.1945: Returned to owner.
1953: Sold to BISCO and allocated to Thos. W. Ward Ltd, Sheffield for breaking up at Preston.
1953: Fleetwood registry closed.

Click to enlarge images

S.T. Agnes Wickfield FD32

S.T. Agnes Wickfield FD32
Picture from the Internet

S.T. Agnes Wickfield FD32

S.T. Agnes Wickfield FD32
Picture courtesy of The Jan Harteveld Collection

Changelog
09/01/2009: Page published. 4 updates since then.
10/11/2017: Removed FMHT watermark and added an image.

S.T. St. Cuthbert FD137

Technical

Official Number: 138943
Yard Number: 650
Completed: 1916
Gross Tonnage: 311
Net Tonnage: 162
Length: 137 ft
Breadth: 23.5 ft
Depth: 12.3 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by C. D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
Built: Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby

History

11.9.1915: Launched by Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby (Yd.No.650) for Grimsby Victor Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby as St. CUTHBERT.
1.1.1916: Registered at Grimsby (GY824).
8.3.1916: Completed (Matthew W. Jennison, manager).
4.1916: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-12pdr, 1-7.5” A/S Howitzer) (Ad.No.1992).
11.1917: Sold to New Docks Steam Trawling Co (Fleetwood) Ltd, Fleetwood (Ernest Tomlinson & Joseph A. Taylor, managers). Based Portland.
Post 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Fleetwood.
3.4.1919: Grimsby registry closed.
4.4.1919: Registered at Fleetwood (FD137).
1924: William W. Brierley appointed manager.
16.10.1928: Sold to Capt Gjert Myhre, Halifax, NS, Canada.
12.1928: Sold to Ocean Trawlers Ltd, Halifax, NS, (Bernard P. Saunders, manager).
27.12.1928: Fleetwood registry closed.
1.1929: Registered at Halifax, NS.
1936: Sold to Warren Transportation Co Ltd, Belize, British Honduras for conversion to dry cargo.
1936: Halifax, NS registry closed. Registered at Belize, British Honduras.
1936: Fitted out to dry cargo – 311g (411g) (469g) 241n 508d.
1936: Re-engined with 2stroke 2-cyl oil engine by J. & C. G. Bolinders M/V A/B, Stockholm (engine built 1917).
1938: Sold to Motorship St. Cuthbert Inc, Tampa, FL. Belize registry closed. Registered at Roatan, Honduras.
1957: Sold to McCormick Shipping Corporation (c/o Eastern Shipping Co, Miami, FL, USA). Roatan registry closed. Registered at Panama.
1986: Removed from Lloyd’s Register “Vessel’s continued existence in doubt.

Changelog
07/01/2009: Page published. 5 updates since then.

S.T. Sola FD369

Technical

Official Number: 141954
Yard Number: 454
Completed: 1920
Gross Tonnage: 223
Net Tonnage: 92
Length: 123.3 ft
Breadth: 22.1 ft
Depth: 11.6 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by W. Beardmore & Co Ltd, Coatbridge
Built: J. Duthie Torry Shipbuilding Co, Aberdeen

History

4.2.1920: Launched by J. Duthie Torry Shipbuilding Co, Aberdeen (Yd.No.454) for New Docks Steam Trawling Co (Fleetwood) Ltd, Fleetwood as SOLA.
20.4.1920: Registered at Fleetwood (FD369).
4.1920: Completed. Joseph A. Taylor appointed manager.
1924: William W. Brierley appointed manager.
13.7.1926: Sold to Harley & Miller Ltd, Liverpool (Richard H. Jones, Wallasey, manager).
23.7.1926: Fleetwood registry closed.
7.1926: Registered at Liverpool (LL45).
1936: Sold to William Carnie Jnr, Glasgow (managing owner).
1936: Liverpool registry closed. Registered at Granton as ZELOS (GN45).
1936: About 29 miles SW x W from Cape Wrath picked up boat with crew of CHANCELLOR (A206) which had foundered. Survivors landed at Granton as Aberdeen closed due to severe weather.
18.12.1939: Foundered 112 miles E by N of May Island, Firth of Forth after being bombed and damaged by German air attack. Granton registry closed.

Changelog
07/01/2009: Page published. 4 updates since then.